Create a BMW ConnectedDrive account
Download the BMW Connected app on the App Store or the Google Play Store and create an account.
Check your email
Check your email for a message from BMW ConnectedDrive and click on the confirmation link.
Create a PIN
When logging into your BMW ConnectedDrive account for the first time, you need to create a PIN.
Register your vehicle
1. Enter the last 7 characters of your VIN.
2. Select whether you are the vehicle’s primary or secondary driver.
3. Look for the security code on your car’s infotainment screen. You will find it under Main Menu > ConnectedDrive > Messages. Enter the same code into the ConnectedDrive app on your phone.
Subscribe to Remote Services
1. Head to connecteddrive.bmwusa.com/app/index.html#/portal in a web browser. Then log into your BMW ConnectedDrive account.
2. Navigate to the store.
3. Ensure that you have a subscription to Remote Services. If you don’t have a subscription, you will need to subscribe before you can continue.
Activate Remote Services
1. Click “Activate Remote Services” on the dashboard. If you don’t see this button, you can navigate to it via Settings > Set up services > Activate Remote Services.
2. Select a vehicle.
3. Enter the security code BMW sent you via email or text message. You have now successfully set up your BMW ConnectedDrive subscription.
Enable Remote GPS Access
1. Turn on the BMW, open the main menu in the infotainment system, then scroll down to select Settings.
2. Scroll down once more and select GPS tracking.
3. Ensure that the box next to GPS tracking is checked by selecting it.